Register Online Today!
February 2018 Sessions
August 2017 Sessions
October 2017 Sessions
|CPA Members - Early-bird (register 14 days prior to seminar date)
$295.00 plus taxes
|CPA Members - Regular:
$345.00 plus taxes
|Non-member - Early-bird (register 14 days prior to seminar date)
$360.00 plus taxes
|Non-member - Regular:
$410.00 plus taxes
workers' compensation: payroll's responsibility
New Online Professional Development Seminar
For certified members, this online professional development seminar counts toward 4.5 hours of continuing professional education.
This newly developed three-part online professional development (PD) seminar is designed for payroll professionals who want to enhance their skills on the understanding and administration of workers' compensation from a payroll perspective. This online PD seminar will prepare you to comprehend the key elements of the workers' compensation reporting process, including paying premiums, reconciling, and filing the annual return.
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES:
Participants will be able to:
- Learn the employer's obligations as it relates to workers' compensation coverage and exceptions to coverage
- Identify workers' compensation assessable earnings, based on employment jurisdiction
- Learn how to calculate the workers' compensation premiums on assessable earnings
- Estimate the wage loss benefits available to an injured worker
- Process payments from the employer that might be provided during a workers' compensation claim
- Report payments from the employer on T4 and RL-1 slips; and
- Complete the annual year end workers' compensation reconciliations and reporting
Who should attend?
This introductory online professional development seminar is perfect for those new to payroll, experienced payroll practitioners, payroll analysts, specialists or if you oversee the payroll department. This online PD seminar will provide you with the knowledge and skill required to excel at your administrative functions within the payroll department as it relates to workers' compensation administration.
ONLINE PD SEMINAR SCHEDULE
||Thursday, February 08, 2018
||Thursday, February 15, 2018
||Thursday, February 22, 2018
Time: 1:00 p.m. ET to 2:30 p.m. ET
- The PD Seminar "Workers' Compensation: Payroll's Responsibility" will be conducted in an online environment.
- Participants will engage in online polls, test your knowledge exercises and be able to ask questions via interactive collaboration using the ON24 online platform.
- This online PD seminar will consist of three 60 minute modules and a 30 minute Q&A
- The sessions will be Instructor / Facilitator led with one session per week over three weeks.
- You will receive an auto generated email 48-hours before the first session with instructions and links to download course materials and access the online PD seminar.
- An evaluation will be displayed after each module.
- Participants may also choose to take an optional online multiple choice test following the seminar to self-evaluate their learning.