Register Online Today!
Surrey - Mar 16
Mississauga - Mar 23
|CPA Members - Early-bird (register 14 days prior to seminar date)
$399.00 plus taxes
|CPA Members - Regular:
$449.00 plus taxes
|Non-member - Early-bird (register 14 days prior to seminar date)
$499.00 plus taxes
|Non-member - Regular:
$549.00 plus taxes
COMMUNICATION FOR THE PAYROLL
For certified members, this seminar counts toward 7.5 hours of continuing professional education. Click here to find a date and location in your area.
You asked, we listened!
This new, highly interactive workshop is designed for payroll professionals to build their written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills. The Canadian Payroll Association, in cooperation with MaxPeople, is offering this seminar based on member feedback and ongoing market research which tells us that communication is a fundamental requirement for every payroll position at every level.
This workshop-style seminar provides in-depth coaching using payroll-specific scenarios and content to enhance your communications skills, enabling you to add value to your organization.
What did attendees have to say about it?
“Excellent seminar all- around! The payroll content was very interesting and applicable and the speaker was
“I really learned a lot during this seminar. It taught me to speak with confidence, become a better listener, and gave me tools that I can apply in my day-to-day life.”
Understand the key elements of the communication process, enhance your writing skills, develop active listening skills, communicate with influence and delegate for results. Participants will develop a tangible action plan to hone their new skills and "make-it-stick" back at work.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
INTRODUCTION TO COMMUNICATION
- Introduction to Communication
- The Communication Process
- Identify Stakeholders
- Effective Communicators
THE WRITTEN COMMUNICATION PROCESS
- Five Steps In Written Communication
- Purpose, Audience, Medium, Message & Summary
WRITING STRUCTURE IN PAYROLL EMAILS
- Writing Structure
- Email Tips for Payroll Professionals
- Written Communication Process Evaluation
- Grammar Evaluation
- Review and Improve Written Work
- Upgrade Your Vocabulary
- Understand Your Challenges and Weaknesses
- Listen to Your Writing
- Check Your Spelling in Reverse
- Peer Review
VERBAL & NON-VERBALCOMMUNICATION
Getting Your Message Across
- Appropriate Communication Mediums
- Providing Face-to-Face Feedback Using the DESC Model
- Non-Verbal Communication
- Are You Boring Your Audience?
- Preferences and Communication
- How Can Communication Become Distorted?
- The EQ Link to Communication Competence
- Active Listening Skills
Communicating with Influence
- General Rules for Influencing
- Communicating Without Authority
- Influence Strategies
- Techniques for Persuasion
- The Importance of Delegation
- Conditions for Delegation
- Approaches to Delegation
- Key Steps in Delegating