PCP Certification Reinstatement
An individual with a withdrawn Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification may apply for reinstatement of his/her PCP certification within three years following the date of withdrawal of certification by:
- Completing the Payroll Knowledge Evaluator (PKE) with a minimum grade of 65% for each course component.
- Paying a reinstatement fee of $150 plus applicable taxes.
- Joining, or maintaining membership with, the Canadian Payroll Association and paying applicable annual membership dues.
Steps to apply for reinstatement:
- Complete the PKE with a minimum grade of 65% for each course component.
A maximum of two attempts is permitted to successfully complete the PKE. For reinstatement purposes, a minimum grade of 65% on each course component is required. If unsuccessful with the first attempt, one additional attempt is permitted. Please note that both attempts must fall within the period stated above (three years). Your final grades will be based on your last attempt.
To order the PKE, click here.
Once you have successfully completed the PKE with a minimum grade of 65% on each course component, print the PKE results and submit them with your Certification Reinstatement Application package for reinstatement. You will have access to your results for 30 days after you complete the PKE.
If you do not achieve a grade of 65% on a course component, you must complete the unsuccessful course(s) with a minimum grade of 65% within 6 months from your last PKE completion date. Once you have successfully passed the course(s), enclose a copy of your transcript with your Certification Reinstatement package.
- Join, or maintain your membership with, the Canadian Payroll Association and pay the applicable annual membership dues:
For the Professional [individual] membership form click: Professional Application Form
For the Organization [via your employer] membership form click: Organization Membership Application Form
If you are currently employed by an Organization member of the Canadian Payroll Association, please contact email@example.com for more information on how you can be added under its membership roster.
- Complete the PCP Certification Reinstatement Application Form (PDF), which includes:
- Paying a reinstatement fee of $150 plus applicable taxes
- Agreeing to comply with the ongoing requirements of certification:
- Maintain a membership with the Canadian Payroll Association through a Professional [individual] membership or the Organization membership of your employer (annual membership fees are required);
- Adhere to the Canadian Payroll Association 's Code of Professional Conduct; and
- Meet the Continuing Professional Education (CPE) requirements.
- Mail or fax your Certification Reinstatement Application package to the Canadian Payroll Association:
The Canadian Payroll Association National Office
c/o Certification Department
1600 - 250 Bloor Street East
Toronto, ON M4W 1E6
Your Certification Reinstatement Application package must include:
- PKE report (proof of attaining 65% for each course component) and/or a copy of your transcript showing successful completion of any required course(s)
- A membership application form (if applicable)
- A completed PCP Certification Reinstatement Application Form
Note: Incomplete Certification Reinstatement Application packages will not be processed and will be discarded. Please ensure that all steps listed above have been completed prior to submission.