TAKING STOCK OF YOUR OPTIONS
CPA Webinar Series
Presented direct to your desktop by the Canadian Payroll Association
Date and Time
August 23, 2017 – 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM ET (English)
August 23, 2017 – 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM ET (French)
NOTE: For certified members, this webinar counts toward 1.5 hours of continuing professional education.
Stocks and security options are commonly perceived to be among the most difficult and challenging taxable benefits to assess and understand.
The following topics and issues will be explored during the session:
- What is a stock option?
- Types of stock option plans such as share purchase plans, stock bonus plans, and stock options
- When is the stock option benefit brought into income?
- When does Income Tax Act, section 7 not apply? (e.g., phantom stock plans, stock appreciation plans.)
- Stock options exercised by a former employee.
- Employee paragraph 110 (1) (d) deductions
- CRA and Revenu Québec (RQ) withholding requirements
- Year-end reporting of the benefit
- How does the treatment of stock and security options differ with the RQ?
This webinar will be facilitated by Payroll Compliance Advisors from the Compliance Services and Programs department at the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA). This informative webinar will include a 60 minute presentation and a 30 minute session to answer live and pre-submitted questions.
Participants are invited to submit their questions in advance by e-mailing Webinars@payroll.ca before August 10, 2017.
!! IMPORTANT !!
Please check your system BEFORE you register.
Make sure you are connected via your local desktop (not through your company's server) to perform this test and view the future presentation.
Click here for computer requirements and a list of frequently asked questions.
CPA Member - $99.00 plus applicable taxes
Non-Member - $149.00 plus applicable taxes
How to Register