Introduction to Accounting
This course must be taken at a post-secondary institution. To transfer this course as part of the Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification program, click here.
The following learning outcomes must be met for it to be a valid transfer credit in the PCP program.
- Introduction to principles and practices of accounting
- Understanding accounting cycles
- Applying GAAP and/or IFRS
- Describing and differentiating business structures
- Recording transactions and journal entries
- Preparing simple financial statements and trial balances
- Preparing cash flow statements and balance sheets
- Preparing fiscal year-end closing entries
- Understanding accounting systems
- Making bank reconciliations
- Navigating accounting for payroll
- Understanding financial reporting ethics
- Understanding Imprest Systems (e.g. petty cash transactions)
This course is not offered through the CPA directly. Click here to search our database of accepted courses to determine if a course is recognized as a valid equivalent for credit transfer.