To enrol in the CPM program, you must be PCP certified and have two years of related work experience. Before enrolling, submit a Payroll Experience Prerequisite Application and wait for approval from the Canadian Payroll Association.
Once approved, CPM certification then requires two core payroll courses and three transfer of credits.
- Introduction to Payroll Management: Learn what’s required to manage a payroll department, and the tools needed for success.
- Applied Payroll Management: (prerequisite: Introduction to Payroll Management): Perfect your payroll management skills by learning about benchmarking, best practices development, human resources skills and more.
- Managerial Accounting: Transfer your post-secondary course covering financial statements, budget preparation, cost accounting methodologies, variance reporting and more. Search our list of accepted courses.
- Organizational Behaviour Management: Transfer your post-secondary course covering individual and group behaviour, personality, motivation and leadership theory, communication and conflict resolution. Search our list of accepted courses.
- Compensation & Benefits Management: Transfer your post-secondary course covering monetary and non-monetary reward and compensation programs, including incentive plans, profit sharing and employee assistance. Search our list of accepted courses.
Submit your Certification Declaration to receive your CPM (providing you have the work experience and course requirements). Then use our “Proudly Certified” logos to showcase your expertise!
In order to achieve a CPM certification, all requirements must be completed within 5 year timeline. For further details with regards to 5 year timeline please review the Payroll Experience Prerequisite information.