To transfer credit(s) for certification, students must:
1. Carefully fill out the Transfer Credit Application (PDF).
2. Submit official transcripts (grade reports, photocopies, and scanned copies are not accepted). Please check the database of courses to see if your course is already recognized as valid. If it is not currently on the database, you will need to include a course outline or a detailed course description provided by the post-secondary institution.
3. If you would like your transcript returned, please enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope along with your transfer request.
4. Attach the proper payment. The transfer fee per credit is $50 + applicable taxes.
5. Send completed package to the:
The CPA National Office
1600 - 250 Bloor Street East
Toronto, ON M4W 1E6
Note: Incomplete transfer credit paperwork will be returned to students. Please ensure you have completed all of the above steps.
6. Wait for results, which will take 6 to 8 weeks. Students will receive a confirmation by email for approved transfer credit(s).
Note: To transfer credit(s), the "Payroll Compliance Legislation" course must first be successfully completed.
Need more information? For details on approved course criteria, visit our Transfer Credit Information page.
For the latest details on how we have temporarily modified our certification processes due to COVID-19, visit our COVID-19 Information page, under Certification Updates.
Start Achieving Your Goals Today!