Suite 1903, 201 Portage Avenue
NOTE: This is not a beginner course, participants must have the fundamental knowledge of Microsoft Excel 2007 or newer.
Enhance your Excel skills, increase your productivity and improve the accuracy of your reports to ensure compliance with the various government requirements. Learn through hands-on, interactive exercises tailored to the roles and responsibilities of payroll professionals, and explore Excel tips and tricks to make everyday activities and reporting more efficient.
Developed especially for payroll professionals looking to enhance their Excel skills, this seminar will significantly increase your productivity and improve the completeness of your reports to ensure compliance with the various government requirements.
Excel is the payroll professional’s or an accountant's tool of choice for analyzing, reporting financial data, and creating monthly and year-end reports; yet many use time-consuming and error-prone processes to complete everyday tasks. Regardless of your level of experience, if you use Excel, you need this course to learn more efficient and effective ways to work with Excel. In this course, you will learn countless tips, tricks, and techniques to improve your general level of productivity, reduce the amount of time you spend on mundane tasks, such as formatting, and customize Excel for greater accuracy and efficiency. You will also learn valuable formula-building skills, best practices for linking Excel data from other worksheets and workbooks, and how to streamline report generation and printing processes.
Throughout the program, your instructor will reinforce key learning points with practical, real-life examples that will improve your understanding and comprehension of the topics presented
- Addressing absolute and mixed cells
- Database structure
- Importing data
- Converting data from payroll systems
- Cleaning data
- Data transformation
- Connecting with external databases
- Essential functions to be mastered
- Date functions
- Text functions
- Logical functions
- Search functions
- Statistical functions
- Array formulas (synthesis formula)
- Creating tables
- Using named fields
- Drop-down menus
- Structure of array formulas
- Conditional formatting
- Rules for highlighting cells
- Icon sets
- Custom rules
- Creating check and validation rules
- Navigation sheets
- 3D functions
- Consolidating data for multi-tab files
- Managing security
- Protecting a workbook
- Protecting a worksheet
- Controlling editable areas
- Technical clarification
You will provide be provided with computers and USB flash drives required for this seminar.
Participants who register for this workshop, will be provided with an electronic copy of the excel worksheets and reference material.
- Instructional delivery method: Group-live demo and discussion. The program focuses on Excel for Windows and is not intended for Excel for macOS. Desktop computers will be provided on-site with the latest version of Excel.
- Program level: Intermediate
- Advance preparation: None. This is not a beginner course, participants must have the fundamental knowledge of Microsoft Excel 2007 or newer.
- Who should attend: Payroll professionals, Accounting and financial professionals who want to learn how to use Excel more efficiently and effectively.
Your registration includes: seminar presentation, course reference manual and handouts, exercises with answers, continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments for all breaks.
Dress code is business casual. Please dress in layers to accommodate temperature fluctuations.
CANCELLATIONS OR SEMINAR TRANSFER: Requests must be received in writing at least five (5) business days prior to the seminar date. Please note a cancellation fee or transfer fee in the amount of $50 plus applicable taxes per day/per registrant for all sessions cancelled or transferred will apply. Cancellation or transfer requests received less than 5 business days prior to the seminar date are not eligible for transfer or refund.
FOR ANY QUESTIONS or concerns regarding this registration, please contact member services at firstname.lastname@example.org