Payroll often plays an important role in developing employment policies for their organizations. Because payroll practitioners are increasingly wearing multiple hats, they may even be expected to take the lead on developing, revising and updating their organization’s employee handbook.
Policies relating to pay, compensation, vacation, holidays, benefits, pensions, overtime, expense reimbursements and termination of employment are particularly relevant to payroll professionals.
Whatever the level of your involvement, it is important to understand how employment policies are drafted, revised and enforced, and recognize some of the potential pitfalls that could arise when developing or updating an employee handbook.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This hands-on, full-day workshop is designed to help payroll practitioners, human resources practitioners, managers and other business professionals responsible for the Human Resource (HR) function within an organization. The workshop is designed for those who will lead and manage the process of developing, updating, enhancing and maintaining employment policies and employee handbooks. The goal is to provide tips, strategies, best practices and compliance information surrounding recognized human resources practices and a chance to practice newly-acquired skills in drafting employment policies and procedures.
Participants will also be provided with a helpful reference manual to accompany the session and a full suite of employment policy templates designed to be downloaded, customized and used in their own organizations.
How to access your session:
You will be sent the information on how to access your online seminar three business days before the live event. If you do not receive the login information three days before the seminar, check your email SPAM folder. If it's not there, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
!! IMPORTANT !!
Sound for this online session is streamed directly through your computer or electronic device. Participants will not be provided with a dial-in number.
Please test check your system BEFORE you register. Make sure you are connected via your local desktop (not through your company’s server) to perform this test and view the future presentation. Click here to test your system and for troubleshooting tips.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand the processes for developing, reviewing, revising and communicating employment policies and employee handbooks.
- Write, edit, format and structure employment policies in a way that is legally compliant and in alignment with human resources best practices, the profile of the organization’s workforce and its culture, vision, mission and values.
- Work with, and manage, various stakeholders in developing and maintaining employment policies and employee handbooks.
- Appreciate the need for specific policies that should be included in an employee handbook.
- Understand new and emerging issues and trends surrounding employment policies and employee handbooks.
- Be aware of common legal compliance concerns relating to employment policies and employee handbooks.
- Deal with issues and concerns relating to organizational realities, jurisdictional issues and the use and customization of employment policy templates.
Please note that after registering online for this event, you will receive an email confirmation that confirms your registration. Confirmation emails are sent approximately within 2 business days after the registration has been processed.
Three business days before the live event, you will be sent the link to access the online PD seminar on the scheduled day.
Also, detailed instructions on accessing the online PD seminar will be emailed to you the day before the event.
Cancellations or Transfers: requests must be received in writing at least four (4) business days prior to the online seminar date. Please note a cancellation fee or transfer fee in the amount of $50 plus applicable taxes will be applied. Cancellation or transfer requests received after the login information has been provided are not eligible for a transfer or refund.