CPM Transfer Credit Requirement
In addition to completing course work, the CPM designation requires all candidates to have completed the following related credits at a recognized post-secondary institution, and ‘transferred in’:
- Managerial Accounting: Transfer your post-secondary course covering financial statements, budget preparation, cost accounting methodologies, variance reporting and more.
- Organizational Behaviour Management: Transfer your post-secondary course covering individual and group behaviour, personality, motivation and leadership theory, communication and conflict resolution.
- Compensation & Benefits Management: Transfer your post-secondary course covering monetary and non-monetary reward and compensation programs, including incentive plans, profit sharing and employee assistance.
Click here to search our database of accepted courses to determine if a course is recognized as a valid equivalent for credit transfer. If a course does not appear on the National Payroll Institute’s Online Database, it simply means that it is not yet a recognized course. A detailed course outline or description must be submitted to the Certification Department for assessment of each unrecognized course.
Each course must:
- Match the component description of one of the compulsory study requirements.
- Be a minimum of 30 hours in length
- Be formally evaluated by an institute, and have a final exam worth 20%.
- Have been taken within the past 20 years for PCP courses.
- Have been taken within the past 10 years for CPM courses.
- Have been completed with a minimum grade of 65%. (Note: all transfer credit courses finished prior to January 1, 2013, must have a minimum grade of 60%.)
Each unrecognized course must be accompanied by an outline stating:
- the title of the course
- the course number
- the amount of (credit) hours
- the content
- the method of evaluation
Final course approval will be made upon submission of:
- Official transcript (grade reports, photocopies, and scanned copies are not accepted). All international learning requires a detailed, course-by-course comprehensive Canadian Equivalency Assessment by a Canadian educational institution or an academic accreditation service.
- A completed Transfer Credit Application - click here for the Transfer Credit Application (PDF)
- The applicable fee for each course
To transfer credit(s) for certification, students must:
- Check the Database of Colleges and Universities to see if the National Payroll Institute recognizes your course. If it is not on the database, a detailed course outline provided by the post-secondary institution must be included with your submission.
- Complete the Transfer Credit Application form (PDF).
- Submit official transcripts*. Digital transcripts must be emailed directly to the National Payroll Institute from the post-secondary institution, or a secure third-party platform.
All international learning requires a detailed, course-by-course comprehensive Canadian Equivalency Assessment by a Canadian educational institution or an academic accreditation service.
*Note: copies and transcripts downloaded from the school website or emailed to the student are not accepted.
- If you would like your transcript returned, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- Submit complete package
Mail official paper transcripts to:
National Payroll Institute
1600 - 250 Bloor Street East
Toronto, ON M4W 1E6
Email digital transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(directly to the NPI from the post-secondary institution, or secure third-party platform.)
Credits are processed six to eight weeks from the date we receive them. A confirmation will be emailed for approved transfer credit(s).